Attention: You are using an outdated browser, device or you do not have the latest version of JavaScript downloaded and so this website may not work as expected. Please download the latest software or switch device to avoid further issues.

News > Alumni News > Old Stop John Amaechi OBE (OS 1989) top 30 Most Followed LinkedIn Influencer

Old Stop John Amaechi OBE (OS 1989) top 30 Most Followed LinkedIn Influencer

Congratulations to organisational psychologist and Founder of APS Intelligence, John Amaechi OBE (OS 1989), who has been listed as one of the top 30 most followed LinkedIn influencers by Engati.
25 Feb 2022
Alumni News

Congratulations to Old Stopfordian, organisational psychologist and Founder of APS Intelligence, John Amaechi OBE (OS 1989), who has been listed as one of the top 30 most followed LinkedIn influencers by Engati.

John shared:

I’m truly honoured to be included on this list of the 30 Most Followed LinkedIn Influencers by the team at Engati.

Thank you all for following me. It’s fantastic to know that I’m reaching so many with my ideas and work. It’s also great to know that so many will see when I share the work done by my team here at APS Intelligence and the Giant Community

Despite a busy schedule John has often taken the time to give back to pupils and staff at Stockport Grammar School, most recently in discussions around the psychology of prejudice, understanding the concept of white privilege and how we can support each other in respecting difference as a school community.

John's biography:

There are many things to tell you about John. Obviously there’s all the usual Bio stuff; respected organisational psychologist, an OBE, Chartered Scientist, elected Fellow of the Royal Society for Public Health, bestselling New York Times author, Research Fellow at the University of East London, and Founder of APS Intelligence.

And then there are all the things he does; Mentor to many, teacher to some, and always using his deep psychological insight combined with real life experience to provide a touchstone for people and companies who want to thrive, achieve and align their beliefs, values and ethics.

But these are the things you need really need to know; John is a giant, literally, he’s huge! He’s also a Dad, Brother & Uncle…from Stockport (a product of the statement ‘The most unlikely of people in the most improbable of circumstances, can become extraordinary’). People who think facts and evidence should bow to ‘opinion’ drive him crazy, he’s passionate about Star Wars, is a self confessed nerd & geek, a former NBA sportsman, has a voice like honey, is transported by music and loves nothing more than to eat decadent foods that are bad for him – especially donuts.

So while you’re questioning everything you thought you knew, John will entertain you with his storytelling, confront you with uncomfortable truths, make you laugh and move you to tears (sometimes in the same minute) and ultimately inspire you to grow and develop in ways you couldn’t possible imagine…..so that you can be a Giant too.

Do you have any news to share?  Update your story to the Stockport Grammar Community here.

You can also update your Community Profile here.

Similar stories

Cardiac Risk in the Young (CRY) visit SGS More...

A close victory goes to King's Macclesfield alumni More...

The Spring 2024 edition of Taking Stock is now available to read More...

Retired Global Executive, Bruce Marshall (OS 1974), shares lessons for career success More...

Most read

Retired Global Executive, Bruce Marshall (OS 1974), shares lessons for career success More...

Have your say

Send us your news

Contact Details

Stockport Grammar School
Buxton Road
Stockport
Cheshire
SK2 7AF

+44 (0)161 419 2408
Email Us
www.stockportgrammar.co.uk

Legal