Attention: You are using an outdated browser, device or you do not have the latest version of JavaScript downloaded and so this website may not work as expected. Please download the latest software or switch device to avoid further issues.

News > Alumni News > Faza Qadiri (OS 2019) discusses Feminism ahead of International Women's Day

Faza Qadiri (OS 2019) discusses Feminism ahead of International Women's Day

Old Stopfordian Faza Qadiri (OS 2019) shares her passion for feminism and gender equality with pupils ahead of International Women's Day. Faza is an author, blogger and Cardiac Physiology student.
3 Mar 2022
Alumni News
Faza Qadiri (OS 2019)
Faza Qadiri (OS 2019)

We were delighted to welcome back Old Stopfordian Faza Qadiri (OS 2019) to share her passion for feminism and gender equality with Stockport Grammar School pupils ahead of International Women's Day, which is celebrated on 8th March.

Faza is an author, blogger and final year Cardiac Physiology student.  Her passion for feminism grew after seeing the differences in equality when arriving in the UK from Afghanistan, aged six year's old. Discussing the experience on her blog 'Your Rights Blog', Faza explains:

I've seen a culture that gives women the same opportunities as men and a culture that takes such opportunities away from women and men. I believe equality can only truly be achieved if both genders are given the rights they need and deserve.

Faza discussed feminism as an important factor in equality for both men and women, highlighting how the high rate of male suicide is attributed to the pressure inequality places on men.  Her belief is that these issues can only be resolved through fairness and equality globally.

Faza also reflected back on how her time at Stockport Grammar School challenged her to stand up for her beliefs and embrace her ambitions, telling us:

My learning experience was life-changing.  Coming to Stockport Grammar School taught me how to discipline myself, handle multiple priorities, and embrace my own ambitions.

Faza has embraced her ambition to pursue various passions in her life, from writing a blog on human rights, publishing her very own book The Flag of Afghanistan, highlighting how the flag represents the people of Afghanistan and marks an important symbol of her heritage, as well as pursuing a degree in Cardiac Physiology and offering private tuition in English and Science.

Through the talk pupils and staff asked a range of questions about important considerations and what they can do to support the cause for equality.  We are excited to learn what is next for Faza.

If you'd like to support the campaign for equality, International Women's Day is an opportunity to celebrate women's achievements, raise awareness against bias and take action for equality. You can find out more here.

Do you have a story to share? You can post a story on our network here.

Don't forget to update your Network profile here.

Similar stories

A fun-filled evening overlooking the Thames More...

Inspiring Q&A with the successful novelist and biographer More...

The Year 5 & 6 Choir will be in Oxford 7 - 10 June More...

Congratulations to the former General Manager of BBC Philharmonic More...

A throwback for school rugby players among you More...

Most read

A fun-filled evening overlooking the Thames More...

Read online or download the 2022-23 edition of The Stopfordian More...

Have your say

Send us your news

Contact Details

Stockport Grammar School
Buxton Road
Stockport
Cheshire
SK2 7AF

+44 (0)161 419 2408
Email Us
www.stockportgrammar.co.uk

Legal