Attention: You are using an outdated browser, device or you do not have the latest version of JavaScript downloaded and so this website may not work as expected. Please download the latest software or switch device to avoid further issues.

News > Alumni News > Eliza Pinkstone (OS 2023) Makes A Splash!

Eliza Pinkstone (OS 2023) Makes A Splash!

Aspiring Olympian competes at British Swimming Championships
23 Jul 2024
Alumni News

We extend our congratulations to Eliza Pinkstone (OS 2023) who has qualified for the British Swimming Championships taking place in Sheffield this week.

This is a particularly remarkable achievement given Eliza has overcome a significant knee injury in the last year which saw her spend six months out of the pool, fearing she would be unable to compete again.

After spending many hours training following her recovery, Eliza has made a triumphant return qualifying for Olympic trials in April and now the Aquatics GB Summer Championships.

Ahead of the competition, Eliza said:

"It’s been a really tough year and I never thought I’d be here, so I’m not putting pressure on myself, but I’d love to get some PBs and reach the finals. I like all the strokes but butterfly is the one I’m best at! I’d love to become a medallist at British Summer Championships – that would be amazing – but it’s also about just enjoying myself. I love the racing, but I also enjoy the social side too. It’s been a huge part of my life for such a long time I couldn’t imagine doing anything else!"

When not in the pool, Eliza is currently studying Interior Design at Manchester Metropolitan University.

We wish Eliza the best of luck as she competes over the next few days!

Similar stories

Alexandra Hartemink (OS 2024) travelled to Australia to conduct marine research. More...

The latest edition of Old Stops' Review, our annual magazine featuring news from and interviews with Old Stopfordians, i… More...

SGS Open House on Tuesday 10 September at 6pm More...

Professor John Amaechi OBE was awarded an honorary degree from the University of York More...

Emily Edwards (OS 2022) represents Wales U21s More...

Most read

Stockport's much-loved band film at SGS More...

Congratulations to our Upper Sixth who collected their A Level results on Thursday 15 August! More...

The latest edition of Old Stops' Review, our annual magazine featuring news from and interviews with Old Stopfordians, is out now. More...

Have your say

Send us your news

Contact Details

Stockport Grammar School
Buxton Road
Stockport
Cheshire
SK2 7AF

+44 (0)161 419 2408
Email Us
www.stockportgrammar.co.uk

Legal