Attention: You are using an outdated browser, device or you do not have the latest version of JavaScript downloaded and so this website may not work as expected. Please download the latest software or switch device to avoid further issues.

News > Alumni News > Former Governor Prof Robina Shah DBE MBE DL JP awarded in the New Year Honour's List 2023

Former Governor Prof Robina Shah DBE MBE DL JP awarded in the New Year Honour's List 2023

Congratulations to Prof Robina Shah DBE MBE DL JP CPychol FRCGP (Hon) who was awarded a DBE (Dame Commander of the Order of the British Empire) for services to Patient Care in the New Year Honours.
5 Jan 2023
Alumni News
Prof Robina Shah DBE MBE DL JP CPychol FRCGP (Hon)
Prof Robina Shah DBE MBE DL JP CPychol FRCGP (Hon)

Professor Robina Shah MBE DL JP, Director, Doubleday Centre for Patient Experience, has been awarded a DBE (Dame Commander of the Order of the British Empire) for services to Patient Care.  

Professor Shah, said:

"I'm truly humbled, honoured and delighted to be named in the 2023 New Years Honours list.

"I am overwhelmed with humility and a myriad of emotions. I am thankful to all those people who have enriched my life’s journey. I am deeply indebted to my parents, husband Tariq and children, Zainab, Raabiyah and Sulaymaan, and all those patients, carers, families and colleagues who have supported my work. My success is theirs too, and I accept this huge honour for all of us!"

Recipients in the New Year Honours List have been awarded for their outstanding contributions across all parts of the UK for their work on areas including sustained public service, youth engagement and community work.

Similar stories

A successful freshman year for Oliver Hague (OS 2023) More...

A fun-filled evening overlooking the Thames More...

Inspiring Q&A with the successful novelist and biographer More...

The Year 5 & 6 Choir will be in Oxford 7 - 10 June More...

Most read

Have your say

Send us your news

Contact Details

Stockport Grammar School
Buxton Road
Stockport
Cheshire
SK2 7AF

+44 (0)161 419 2408
Email Us
www.stockportgrammar.co.uk