Attention: You are using an outdated browser, device or you do not have the latest version of JavaScript downloaded and so this website may not work as expected. Please download the latest software or switch device to avoid further issues.

News > Alumni News > Dr Mark Cox's second series of The Straight Talking Dr podcast out now!

Dr Mark Cox's second series of The Straight Talking Dr podcast out now!

Old Stop Dr Mark Cox (OS 2013) has launched the second series of The Straight Talking Dr Podcast, created to simplify the world of mental health through asking the big questions to inspiring guests.
7 Oct 2022
Alumni News
Dr Mark Cox (OS 2013) The Straight Talking Dr  Photography Credit: JoZo Collection
Dr Mark Cox (OS 2013) The Straight Talking Dr Photography Credit: JoZo Collection

Old Stopfordian Dr Mark Cox (OS 2013) has launched the second series of The Straight Talking Dr Podcast, which has been created to simplify the world of mental health through asking the big questions to inspiring guests.

Each episode starts with a deep dive into the guest's journey into mental health. Mark's thought provoking questions tease out even more thought provoking answers.

The conversations aim to empower you with the tools you need to cope with whatever life throws your way.

Mental health can feel like a difficult and heavy topic (and sometimes it is), however, TheStraightTalkingDr Podcast will bring you clarity, hope and inspiration to live a happier and healthier life.

Mark tells us:

"My inspiration for the podcast stems from both personal experience through my friendship circle and the battles that certain people close to me in my life have faced as well as through professional experiences with my patients on a daily basis.  We are in the midst of a mental health pandemic and I have seen so many people feel helpless and lost when faced with mental health issues.

I wanted to tell the stories of real people who had faced tough times and found a way to overcome them. I hope that my conversations will simplify these topics, inspire people that they can find ways to improve how they feel and empower them with the tools to take action."

Episode one of the series is on Creating the Extinction Rebellion of Mental Health, available here.  In this episode Mark talks with George Taktak who entered the world of mental health in a unique way by developing a technology that helped him communicate with his grandad who was suffering with Alzheimer’s disease. He has since launched the organisation 'How Mental' which boasts a whopping 800,000 followers online and provides much needed mental health resources and guidance to so many. 

About Dr Mark Cox

Mark studied medicine at Newcastle University after leaving Stockport Grammar School in 2013.  Alongside his podcast Mark works in the respiratory department at the Royal Free Hospital in North West London.

To listen to more of Mark's podcasts visit: https://www.thestraighttalkingdr.co.uk/

Do you have a story to share?  Online SGS Community Members can now submit stories to the community directly here.

Register to become an Online SGS Community Member here.

Similar stories

A celebration of the school year More...

Aspiring Olympian competes at British Swimming Championships More...

Alumni community spirit at its best! More...

Fun and games at the Summer BBQ More...

Most read

Aspiring Olympian competes at British Swimming Championships More...

Alumni community spirit at its best! More...

Fun and games at the Summer BBQ More...

Have your say

Send us your news

Contact Details

Stockport Grammar School
Buxton Road
Stockport
Cheshire
SK2 7AF

+44 (0)161 419 2408
Email Us
www.stockportgrammar.co.uk